Take a great engagement photo : Part 1

It has been awhile now, but I wanted to share some of the photos from my engagement photo session.  These are truly some of my favorite photos I have of my now Husband and I.  Engagement photos weren't always as popular as they are now.  As a matter of fact some of our family didn't understand why I was having them taken, let alone what the point of a Save the Date was.  I personally love the idea of engagement photos and Save the Dates.  I think they are a way to give your wedding guests a preview of what to look forward to at your wedding.  Engagement photos are a great way to celebrate the special time between you and your fiance.  

When taking engagement photos it is so important to have a great photographer.  You need to photograph with someone who knows your style and the theme of your wedding.  Personally it was great having our wedding photographer photograph our engagement photos ahead of time.  We knew each other by the wedding so it cut the awkwardness that can sometimes happen.  Remember these are very personal photos and it can be uncomfortable to have someone photographing you kissing and such. Having a good place in mind to take photos or a good suggestion of a place from your photographer is equally important.  These photos were taken on my grandparent's property, a place that I have grown up at.  This added an extra special meaning to the photos for me.

All of these photos were taken by my lovely wedding photographer Jodi at Giving Tree Photography.  Enjoy.









Be on the look out for part 2 of this shoot.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts