Rustic Wedding Centerpiece

So I recently put a picture of my wedding centerpieces up on Pinterest and am getting a TON of repins, so I figured I would do a post about them and how easy it was for me to create the look. 

Starting out I knew I really didn't want a whole lot of flowers on the tables.  I was trying to keep the cost of my wedding down so the less flowers the better.  I also knew I wanted to incorporate the table numbers somewhere into the centerpiece (also in an inexpensive way).

So...

Photo Credit - www.givingtreephotography.com
Materials I used to create this look:
  • Milk Bottles (from Christmas Tree Shop for $2.00 a piece)
  • Sticks (from my backyard)
  • White floral stem (from Michaels.  I waited for the 40% off floral sale they have almost every other week.  I only had to buy two because each floral had lots of stems.  I wanted to keep it simple so one small stem per bottle was plenty)
  • Birch branches (from my backyard)
  • Mini logs for candles to set on (My dad cut these from his fire pit wood pile in alternating heights)
  • Tea Light Candles (Hobby Lobby - Make sure to use your 40% off coupon!)
  • Jute wrapped around the tops of the bottles (Found giant rolls of this at Christmas Tree Store for $1.99)
The brown item laying on the birch branch was actually a mushroom ornament I had found at Kohls on Christmas clearance.  Incorporating a mushroom into our wedding was key for me because Shaun purposed to me while we were mushroom hunting (it's a Michigan thing!).
The table numbers were extremely easy to create and tied into my use of chalkboards throughout my wedding. 
All you need to create the table numbers are:
  • Wooden hearts (Found at Joann's Fabric for less than fifty cents each!)
  • Wooden dowels
  • Chalkboard spray paint
  • Chalk Marker
I spray painted the backs and fronts of the hearts with the chalk board paint, hot glued the heart to the wooden dowel, and wrote the table number on the heart.  Simple as that!
Paired with a burlap table runner, these fit perfectly into my rustic themed wedding.  I got tons of compliments and lots of guests asked if they could take their centerpieces home. 


Comments

Popular Posts