A crafty Before & After...

I love sprucing up old items or making them into something completely different! The best places to shop for these hidden treasures are of course thrift and antique stores.  Recently I stopped by our local thrift store to see if I could stumble across anything that had some potential.  I am also working on a project that uses old children's books (Stay tuned!), so I was hoping to find a few there!

After a quick browse I found two books, one was pretty old, the other was a Rainbow Fish book that I thought I could use eventually.  I also found these two adorable items...




I of course was so excited to find this adorable FAWN figurine for a whole three dollars!  It was in perfect shape.  I also found this vintage owl container for a dollar.  The owls head screws off and can hold something.  It is a vintage Avon piece and I went on etsy to look and see if anyone was selling them and found a ton for sale exactly the same as this one...some selling for over $10.00, so I guess I got a decent deal. 

Although I could definitely stand these pieces the way they were I wanted to "spruce" them up a bit! 

The After...


I'm kind of OBSESSED!  How cute are these two?!  Amazing what a little gold spray paint can do!  I used Rust-oleum Metallic Gold Spray paint.  It covered great and dried nicely.  

So next time you are at a garage sale, thrift store, or browsing antiques look for pieces with potential. You can create your own treasures!   


Comments

Popular Posts